As a family lawyer would it help you to have support from someone who understands the stresses and pressures of the job?
Rachael sits as a Deputy District Judge and has been a specialist family lawyer for over 20 years. She led a very successful family team in a major National Law firm managing over 100 staff before setting up Family Mediation and Mentoring LLP with Claire.
Sometimes it is hard to talk with the managers and supervisors in your existing business which is why more lawyers now seek outside support. However, many firms also support and pay for their lawyers seeking this type of support as part of their individual personal development plan.
Rachael knows how stressful being a family lawyer can be and regularly meets with lawyers to support them in all sorts of areas;
- Planning your career path and how to get to where you want to be
- Skills for dealing with difficult and demanding clients and developing boundaries
- Time management and successfully recording time and managing utilisation rates
- Hitting your target
- Building your professional network and business development
- How to successfully create a social media profile
- Bringing work in and new clients
- Managing the stress of the job and any difficulties at home due to having a high pressure job
- How to get work life balance under your control