Our Family Law Information meetings (FLIM™) cost a fixed fee of £150 and can be attended individually or as a couple and will provide you with detailed information about the divorce and separation process. Your questions will be answered by our accredited mediators who have over 20 years’ experience working as specialist family lawyers dealing with all aspects of family breakdown.
We provide this bespoke service to help people navigate the maze of issues that need to be addressed as part of the separation and divorce process.
These meetings are not about providing you with legal advice but ensuring that you know what is going to happen, how it will happen, what your options are and the different ways everything can be resolved amicably to help you stay out of court and save legal fees.
If an amicable resolution isn’t possible full information about the court process, how it works and how to prepare for it can also be provided so that you feel supported every step of the way.
This bespoke service will be tailored to you but here are some examples of what we are often asked to help with:
- A full explanation of everything that you need to be thinking about and what steps to take and when
- Demystifying legal jargon
- Explaining how you can get divorced without the need for lawyers or, where lawyers are needed, when to use them
- Going through all the things you need to consider as part of the divorce process to resolve the financial issues and ensuring that any agreement is legally recorded
- Maybe you are thinking of separating instead of legally divorcing – we can explain the difference between the two and what you might need to consider